Provide excellent customer service and build customer loyalty with IATA Foundation in Travel & Tourism course.
Study the basics of the travel and tourism industry and understand what it takes to become a successful travel agent. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise clients about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn how to provide the best flight, accommodation and tour options, and how to ensure clients fulfill all necessary travel requirements.
What’s like being a Travel Agent?
With this unique IATA Foundation in Travel & Tourism Diploma you will learn acquire essential knowledge and skills to work in the travel and tourism industry and become an effective travel professional. You can also complete this Diploma by learning to use a global distribution system to create and manage reservations.
By completing this diploma, you will be able to:
• Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
• Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
• Improve your negotiation skills
• Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
• Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
• Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
• Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents
Course Table of Contents
• Module 1: The Travel and Tourism Industry and the Travel Professional
• Module 2: Geography in Travel Planning
• Module 3: Travel Formalities
• Module 4: Air Transport Essentials
• Module 5: Land Transport: Introduction to Passenger Rail
• Module 6: Land Transport: Car and Camper
• Module 7: Hotels Products and Services
• Module 8: Water Transport: Ferries and Cruises
• Module 9: Tour Packages
• Module 10: Serving the Travel Customer
• Module 11: Fundamentals in Air Fares and Ticketing. Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP)
• An IATA Diploma is awarded upon successful completion of the course examination. You are entitled to use the signatory letters DTTF after your name in recognition of your achievement.
• A candidate must achieve a passing mark of 60% on any course exam
• CAMAS Malta provide a unique and highly learner centred experience for students looking to forge a career in the Aviation, Travel and Tourism industries. Our instructors and methodologies are world class. Our delivery methods include traditional face to face classes with an instructor one to one or in classes with a student ratio of 1 to 12.
• This course requires approximately 116 hours of study and is available for classroom instruction at CAMAS Malta an IATA Authorized Training Center. Price on application (POA).
• Managerial and negotiation skills
• Marketing and pricing
• Fare construction and ticket exchanges/reissues
• Agency administration
• Mid-level managers and supervisors
• Laws related to the travel industry and target audience
CAMAS Malta specialize in the delivery of industry leading professional courses in Aviation, Travel & Tourism. Upon successful completion of their exam, students are conferred with an internationally recognized award from IATA.
Peace Haven Villa
Santu Wistin Road
St. Julian's SWQ 3310
+356 21 376 763
Our team of internationally experienced educational professionals are always on hand to discuss your training requirements in Malta. Upon completion of your needs analysis. Our team will provide you with a tailor-made training program.