Upon successful completion of this course you will have the knowledge base and skills to increase your capacity and capability for career advancement. Become more entrepreneurial and creative with your thinking process. Open your own travel agency or company. Grow your business sustainably and profitably. Improve your operational systems.
Course duration : This course requires approximately 116 hours of study and is available for classroom instruction at CAMAS Malta an IATA Authorized Training Center. Price on application (POA).
The IATA Managing the Travel Business Diploma
By completing this diploma, you will be able to:
• Learn about management roles and responsibilities in the travel industry
• Learn how to motivate and inspire employees
• Improve your negotiation skills
• Understand how to provide special interest travel and tour production
Course Table of Contents
• Module 1: Managerial Skills, Role of the Supervisor, Performance Planning, Communicating Effectively, Managing Performance, Motivation, Leading the Team
• Module 2: Negotiation skills, The 7 elements of Negotiation, Managing requests, quotations and proposals
• Module 3: Special interest Travel and Tour Production, Special interest Tours, Tour Negotiations Air, Land, Sea and water components, Sales, terms and conditions documents and Travel Safety
• Module 4: Event and Meeting Management, Meeting and Exceeding Customer Expectations, Event Components, the Workflow for Planning an Event.
• Module 5: Travel Agency Financial Management, Introduction to Finance and Business Planning, Book Keeping and Financial Administration, Business Planning, Budgeting and Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, Management and Assessment.
• Managerial and negotiation skills
• Marketing and pricing
• Fare construction and ticket exchanges/reissues
• Agency administration
• Mid-level managers and supervisors
• Laws related to the travel industry and target audience
• An IATA Diploma is awarded upon successful completion of the course examination. This course is a step towards earning the IATA Travel Sales and Operations Diploma.
• A candidate must achieve a passing mark of 60% on any course exam
CAMAS Malta provide a unique and highly learner centred experience for students looking to forge a career in the Aviation, Travel and Tourism industries. Our instructors and methodologies are world class. Our delivery methods include traditional face to face classes with an instructor one to one or in classes with a student ratio of 1 to 12.